Ovaltine Bundt Cake
Recipe for Ovaltine Bundt Cake
125 grams unsalted butter, room temperature (4.4 ounces)
60 grams sugar, superfine (2.1 ounces)
1 package vanilla sugar (2 tsp. vanilla sugar can also be replaced by 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract)
2 large eggs, room temperature (use organic or free range whenever possible)
110 grams Ovaltine (3.8 ounces)
150 grams AP flour, sifted (5.3 ounces)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt (I use fine sea salt)
70 ml whole milk, room temperature (5 tbs)
Optional: dark chocolate glaze, a few "Maltesers" or some confectioner's sugar
For serving: lighlty sweetened whipped cream
Preparation: preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 degrees Fahrenheit).
1. Spray Bundt pan or lightly grease with butter and then dust with flour.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. In a bowl, whisk together Ovaltine, flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add eggs to butter mixture. With mixer on low, beat until well blended.
5. Add flour mixture alternating with milk (in two additions) beginning and ending with the flour.
6. Transfer dough to prepared pan and bake cake for 35 to 40 minutes.
7. Cool in pan on rack for a few minutes and then turn out on rack. Cool completely and decorate with dark chocolate glaze and "Maltesers" or a simple dusting of confectioner's sugar and serve with some lighlty sweetened whipped cream.
This is how the cake looks like while cooling on the rack!