Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Impressions from my Visit to the Garden and Plant Fair "Jrön und Jedön" in Lindlar (Germany)


Following are a few impressions from my visit to the Garden and Plant Fair ("Jrön and Jedön") at my favorite open-air museum in Lindlar, North-Rhine-Westphalia (Germany).

The museum itself is a large and hilly site, in an area with beautiful countryside, containing many reconstructed historical buildings and artefacts depicting rural life of the past. Most of the interiors of the buildings are open to viewing and give a fascinating insight into the living conditions of the original occupants who lived their as well as providing examples of their skills and ingenuity.

The museum organizes different exhibitions throughout the year, my prefered one being the Garden and Plant Fair with vendors offering flowers and kitchen herbs and lots of helpful advice for novice and advanced gardeners.



























For more information about the museum, you can visit the Museum's site here (available only in German).





2 comments:

  1. what beautiful and amazing pictures !! Love these Andrea. Years ago Hubby was in Germany and he always said me was beautiful, my mom too was years ago !
    Love these olds things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gloria, yes, Germany has its nice spots and I am partial to a this place, an open-air museum that organizes different fairs/markets throughout the year. This plant show happens to be my personal favorite. And I also love this whole old-world charm that this place exudes!
      Thank you for stopping by, my friend!

      Delete